|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT PHILLIP ROBINSON|
Chief Master Sergeant Phillip Robinson is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. He is the principal adviser to the 87th ABW/JB MDL commander on all enlisted issues and provides senior enlisted mentorship for 1,243 Airmen and Sailors in the wing as well as enlisted members across JB MDL - the Department of Defense's first and only tri-service joint base. The 87th ABW specifically provides civil engineering, communications, contracting, supply, transportation, logistics, medical services, personnel, security, housing/lodging, and morale, welfare, and recreation services for more than 44,000 active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, civilian employees and family members residing on the 42,000-acre installation with an infrastructure valued at more than $9 billion.
Chief Robinson hails from Coram, N.Y. He entered the Air Force in December 1985. His background includes numerous duties in the jet engine and aircraft maintenance career fields and various leadership roles at the flight, squadron, group and wing levels. Chief Robinson also deployed in direct support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
1989 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course (Professional Military Education), Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
1991 Military Airlift Command Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Dover AFB, Dela.
1992 Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aircraft Powerplant Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Military Airlift Command Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
1999 Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Powerplant License
2000 Bachelor of Science in Business Management Degree from Hawaii Pacific University (Cum Laude)
2002 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Public Administration Degree from Troy State University
2005 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Lean Six Sigma Certificate from Villanova University (113 hours)
2012 Strategic Mindset Seminar, Arlington, Va.
2012 USAF AFSO 21 Executive Leadership Course, Osan AB, Korea
2012 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2013 Community College of the Air Force Professional Manager Certificate
1. December 1985 - January 1986, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. January 1986 - April 1986, Jet Engine Mechanic Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. April 1986 - October 1990, Jet Engine Mechanic, 355th Component Repair Squadron, 355thTactical Training Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. October 1990 - June 1993, TF33 Engine Production Team Leader, 438th Component Repair Squadron, 438th Airlift Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
5. June 1993 - June 1994, Dedicated Crew Chief, 25th Fighter Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
6. June 1994 - October 1997, Jet Engine Propulsion Craftsman and Flightline Expeditor, 305th Aircraft Generation Squadron, 305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
7. October 1997 - June 2001, Assistant Specialist Section Chief, Specialist Section Chief, Production Superintendent and Lead Production Superintendent, 65th Airlift Squadron, 15th Air Base Wing, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
8. June 2001 - October 2008, Engine Test Facility Section Chief, Propulsion Flight Superintendent, Propulsion Systems Manager and Squadron Superintendent, 20th Component Maintenance Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
9. November 2008 - April 2009, Maintenance Superintendent, 332d Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq
10. May 2009 - Jan 2010, Maintenance Superintendent, 20th Component Maintenance Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
11. January 2010 - June 2012, Group Superintendent, 53d Electronic Warfare Group, 53d Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
12. June 2012 - June 2013, Command Chief, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
13. June 2013 - Present, Command Chief, 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Iraqi Campaign medal with one service star
Global War of Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
1999 PACAF SNCO Maintenance Professional of the Year Award
1999 15th Air Base Wing Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award nominee
2001 The National Dean's List Academic Distinction
2003 20th Maintenance Group SNCO of the Year
2003 20th Fighter Wing SNCO of the 4th Quarter
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman June 1986
Airman First Class April 1987
Senior Airman June 1988
Sergeant June 1989
Staff Sergeant January 1990
Technical Sergeant July 1994
Master Sergeant June 1998
Senior Master Sergeant Jan 2003
Chief Master Sergeant October 2005
(Current as of August 2013)