|COLONEL PAUL R. MURPHY|
Colonel Paul R. Murphy is Commander, 305th Air Mobility Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. The wing's KC-10 and C-17 aircraft provide the linchpin of global mobility through aerial refueling and airland capabilities in support of national security objectives, combat operations, contingencies and humanitarian relief efforts worldwide. The 305th Air Mobility Wing has two of Air Mobility Command's busiest aerial ports, ensuring the uninterrupted flow of forces and material in support of ongoing global operations. In addition to the McGuire airfield, the 305th Air Mobility Wing also manages air operations at Lakehurst.
Colonel Murphy graduated from Northeastern University in Boston in 1987. He entered the Air Force in 1988 with a ROTC commission from Boston University and attended pilot training at Columbus AFB, Miss. He has served in a variety of flying positions, including instructor, flight examiner, operational test & evaluation cadre and weapons officer in all variants of the KC-135. He has held key staff positions at the squadron, group, wing, joint combatant command and Air Staff levels. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Murphy was Chief of Programs Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., where he was responsible for planning and programming for the command's force structure, to include 55,000 personnel, 1,295 mobility aircraft and 12 active-duty main operating bases providing forces operating worldwide. He previously served as Vice Commander of the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia. Colonel Murphy is a command pilot with over 3,300 flying hours.
1987 Bachelor of Computer Science, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
1996 Master of Arts in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle University, Daytona, Fla.
1999 Master of Arts in Air Mobility and Logistics, Advanced Study of Air Mobility, AF Institute of Technology
2000 Master of Arts in National Security, College of Naval Command & Staff, Newport, R.I. (Distinguished Graduate)
2001 Joint Forces Staff College (Phase II), Norfolk Naval Base, Va. (McArthur Foundation Award)
2003 KC-135 Weapons Instructor Course, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
2006 Master of Arts in National Security, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Academic Distinction)
1. 1988 - 1989, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. 1989 - 1994, KC-135 Copilot, Aircraft Commander, Assistant Flight Commander, 380th Air Refueling Squadron, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
3. 1994 - 1994, Wing Flight Scheduler, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. 1994 - 1995, Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Mobility, 350th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. 1995 - 1996, Chief of Training, 350th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
6. 1996 - 1997, Flight Commander, Evaluator Pilot, 350th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
7. 1997 - 1998, 22nd Operations Group Executive, McConnell AFB, Kan.
8. 1998 - 1999, Student, Advanced Study of Air Mobility, McGuire AFB, N.J.
9. 1999 - 2000, Student, Naval Command & Staff College, Newport, R.I.
10. 2000 - 2002, Senior Tanker Employment Officer, U.S. STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. 2002 - 2002, Deputy Chief of Staff, U.S. STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
12. 2003 - 2005, Commander, 509th Weapons Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
13. 2005 - 2006, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. 2006 - 2007, Chief, Global Mobility Division, Directorate of Strategic Plans & Programs, Pentagon
15. 2007 - 2008, Deputy Commander, 55th Operations Group, Offutt AFB, Neb.
16. 2008 - 2009, Vice Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
17. 2009 - 2010, Chief, Programs Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
18. 2010 - present, Commander, 305th Air Mobility Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 3,340 hours
Aircraft flown: KC-135 A/Q, R/T, T-37, KC-10, E-4B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 1, 1987
First Lieutenant Nov. 1, 1989
Captain Nov. 1, 1991
Major June 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
(Current as of September 2010)