|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT WARREN WOFFORD|
Chief Master Sergeant Lee Wofford is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. He is the principle adviser to the 87th ABW/JB MDL commander on all enlisted issues and provides senior enlisted mentorship for all 1,243 Airmen and Sailors in the wing as well enlisted members across the former McGuire Air Force Base, Fort Dix, and Lakehurst -- the Department of Defense's first and only tri-service joint base that consolidated Air Force, Army, and Navy installations. The 87th ABW specifically provides civil engineering, communications, contracting, supply, transportation, logistics, medical services, personnel, security, housing/lodging, and morale, welfare, and recreation services for more than 44,000 active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, civilian employees, and family members residing on a 42,000-acre joint base installation with an infrastructure valued at more than $9 billion.
Chief Wofford entered the Air Force in April 1986. His background is primarily signals analysis and intelligence collection, having served as a high frequency search operator, collection manager, intelligence training manager, and corporate briefer. Chief Wofford has had two previous special-duty assignments as an airborne signals analyst aboard the RC-135/RIVET JOINT reconnaissance platform wherein he accumulated more than 2,500 flight hours and as an enlisted noncommissioned officer academy commandant. Chief Wofford also completed a contingency assignment to Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan, as the superintendent, 455th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, January - May 2008.
1988 NCO Preparatory Course, San Vito Air Station, Italy
1989 Associate in Applied Science degree in Intelligence Collection, Community College of the
1991 21st Air Force NCO Leadership School, Dover AFB, Del.
1994 USAF NCO Academy, Royal Air Force Upwood, United Kingdom
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in Management Studies, University of Maryland
1998 Bachelor of Science degree in Intelligence, Joint Military Intelligence College, Bolling AFB, D.C.
2001 Master of Science degree in Telecommunications Management, University of Maryland
2001 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2005 USAF Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2007 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2009 The Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Course,
Gettysburg College, Penn.
1. April 1986 - June 1986, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. June 1986 - January 1987, student, Non-Morse Printer Systems Operator Course and Intermediate Signals Analysis Course, 3482d Technical Training Squadron, Corry Station, Pensacola, Fla.
3. February 1987 - February 1989, Marburg Signals Search Operator, 6917th Electronic Security Group, San Vito Air Station, Italy
4. February 1989 - February 1991, High Frequency Collection Manager, 6940th Electronic Security Wing, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
5. February 1991 - July 1991, student, Advanced Signals Analysis Course, 3482d School Squadron, Corry Station, Pensacola, Fla.
6. November 1991 - June 1996, Airborne Signals Search and Development Analyst, 488th Intelligence Squadron, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
7. July 1996 - September 1997, student, Joint Military Intelligence College, Bolling AFB, D.C.
8. September 1997 - May 2000, Joint PROFORMA Center Architecture Team Assistant Program Manager, 29th Intelligence Squadron, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
9. May 2000 - May 2003, Chief, Director, National Security Agency Briefing Staff, 29th Intelligence Squadron, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
10. May 2003 - December 2005, Operations Superintendent, Air Force Cryptologic Office, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
11. January 2006 - April 2006, Superintendent, Air Force Cryptologic Office, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
12. May 2006 - May 2007, Commandant, McGuire Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
13. May 2007 - March 2009, Superintendent, 305th Mission Support Group, McGuire AFB, N.J.
14. March 2009 - August 2009, Interim Command Chief Master Sergeant, 87th Air Base Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
15. August 2009 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with 10 oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
1991 Honor Graduate, NCO Leadership School
1998 29th Intelligence Squadron Senior NCO of the Year
2001 70th Intelligence Wing Senior NCO of the Year
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Senior NCO Academy
2003 Air Intelligence Agency Senior NCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class June 2, 1986
Senior Airman Feb. 18, 1988
Sergeant Feb. 1, 1989
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1989
Technical Sergeant July 1, 1992
Master Sergeant March 1, 1997
Senior Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2002
Chief Master Sergeant Sept. 1, 2005
(Current as of June 2011)